Top 10 best-selling products in Substrate as voted by Wag.com Million-plus customer base
We've put together Top 10 lists of our best-selling Substrate, in each category so you can get the inside scoop on approved favorites. From your Accessories and Moss, to the Wood products that keep you feeling your best - we've got you covered. We've got great prices, with fantastic everyday values across our range of products. No lines. No heavy bags. No driving. Just the products that keep your life in balance, conveniently shipped to your door faster and easier than any errand you've done before.
- 1. Zoo Med
- Zoo Med Labs Repti BarkZoo Med's Repti Bark is made from the bark of fir trees. It's the perfect substrate for humidity-loving reptiles due to its ability to absorb moisture and then release it into the terrarium. In addition, the smaller chips provide better moisture retention while preventing live food from hiding in your substrate. Naturally decorative, Repti Bark provides your terrarium with a tropical rainforest look. Repti Bark is washable and re-useable. It is available in 4-, 8- and 24-quart packages.
- 2. Zoo Med
Eco Earth - 3 pack
- Environment for Aquatic Pets
Zoo Med Labs Earth is a dense coconut fiber that's ideal for burrowing animals. It can help to increase dampness in an enclosed space. The bricks of this coconut fiber can be expanded to make seven to eight liters of substrate. For tropical species, use damp and dry for desert species. It's also helpful to create ideal drainage layer for great plant growth, humidity and drainage in terrariums.
Zoo Med Labs Earth
Made from renewable resources
Keeps environment free of odors
Zoo Med Labs Earth naturally absorbs and breaks down the waste products thus keeping
- Read More
- 4. T-Rex
Coconut Bark - 10 qt
- T-Rex Coconut Bark - 10 QtCoconut bark is easily spot-cleaned, absorbs moisture and is very long-lasting. Made from 100% coconut shells.
- 5. Zoo Med
Forest Floor Bedding
- Zoo Med Labs Forest Floor Bedding Zoo Med's Forest Floor is a natural cypress mulch substrate. It provides your terrarium with a natural forest floor look while retaining moisture to provide humidity to the enclosure. It's great for snakes, amphibians or tropical species of tortoises. It's available in 4-, 8- and 24-quart bags.
- 6. Exo Terra
Plantation Soil - 8 qt
- A Natural Substrate for Digging Exo Terra Plantation Soil comes from the plantations of tropical Asia. This soil is great for frogs, salamanders and other burrowing or digging animals. It can serve as a nutritional substrate for live plants. Exo Terra Plantation Soil 100% natural Made from compressed coconut husk fiber 100% ecological substrate Safe to use Exo Terra Plantation Soil is ideal for increasing humidity. This substrate can also be used as an incubation medium. A Closer Look: Exo Terra Plantation Soil has hygroscopic properties and can be very conveniently used as a nutritional pl
- Read More
- 7. Zoo Med
Repti Sand - Desert White
- Zoo Med Labs Repti Sand - Desert White ReptiSand is available in 2 natural colors with no added dyes or chemicals. It stimulates natural digging and burrowing behavior and is an excellent heat conductor. ReptiSand creates a very naturalistic and attractive environment for desert reptile species. It's great for bearded dragons, sand boas and soft shell turtles. It comes in 5- and 10-pound bags.
- 8. Exo Terra
Coco Husk Terrarium Substrate - 7 qt
- Exo Terra Coco Husk Terrarium Substrate - 7 qtExo Terra Coco Husk is made from compressed coconut husk from the plantations of tropical Asia. This 100% natural substrate is ideal for natural terrarium setups. It increases the humidity in your terrarium, and stimulates natural digging and burrowing behavior. 7 qt.
- 9. Zoo Med
- Make Your Reptiles Feel at Home
Zoo Med Labs Terrarium Moss is a cage substrate made for amphibians and swamp environment reptiles. This moss is great to use in humidifying shelters. It gives a feeling of being in the absolutely natural environment to all aquatic pets. It can be used by pets for laying eggs and incubation. Available in 5, 10 and 15-20 gallon sizes.
Zoo Med Labs Terrarium Moss
Provides a suitable environment
Durable to use
Light in weight
Zoo Med Labs Terrarium Moss makes the cage environment similar to natural conditions for aquatic pets.
A Closer Look: Zoo Med Labs
- Read More
- 10. Zoo Med
Aspen Snake Bedding
- Aspen Snake Bedding#1 Preferred snake bedding by professional herpetoculturists worldwide! Provides a safe, naturalistic substrate that allows snakes, lizards, and small animals to form burrows and nests as they would in the wild. It has a 191% absorbency rating and is odorless-safe for all snakes easy to clean and 99.9% dust free. No toxic oils like cedar and other similar wood shavings.